A point is a contention you can propose, argue, defend, illustrate, and prove.
— Joel Schwartzberg, Get to the Point
Get to the point
In his book Get to the Point, Joel Schwartzberg tells us that most of us don’t know how to make a point. I was skeptical at first, but after reading the first three chapters, he had me convinced.
Fortunately, I read Joel’s book several days before hosting a webinar last week on Will Forward Thinking Narratives Define the Great Workplaces of the 21st Century?
I thoroughly revised my presentation when I applied what I learned from Joel. Below are six points from my presentation:
I believe that Forward Thinking Narratives Will Define The Great Workplaces of the 21st Century and are:
- A powerful way to lead yourself or your organization forward into the future.
- Can begin where you are with a simple intention or question.
- Create a generative holding space for new possibilities.
- Help us have conversations that otherwise wouldn’t happen.
- Help us move from living in the past to creating the future.
- Provide a framework that helps us focus our attention, make sense, and build understanding.
I highly recommend Joel’s book. It’s a quick read and will immediately help you make better points. Dean Rotbart did an excellent interview with Joel on his MondayMorningRadio.com show that you won’t want to miss.
If you missed the webinar and would like a copy of my presentation or a link to the recording, please reply and let me know.
The inner path is the way forward in the 21st century
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, I’m hosting a webinar on the inner leader’s journey.
In this 45-minute session, we’ll explore together:
- What is the inner path?
- Why is the inner path the Way forward, and what are the benefits?
- The five dimensions of space beyond boundaries
I’ll also share a preview of my upcoming new book, Space Beyond Boundaries, coming later this year.
This event will be an interactive event with opportunities for attendees to speak or ask questions.
This event will take place on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at:
- 4 pm GMT (London)
- 11 am US ET (New York)
- 8 am US PT (Los Angeles)
My apologies if this time is inconvenient for anyone who would like to attend. If that’s the case for you, please let me know what works on your schedule, so I can work to accommodate your schedule in future events.
I hope to see you there and please get in touch if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a private session for you or your team.
To your forward-thinking life & success!
Bill Fox, Author, and Founder at Space Beyond Boundaries and Forward Thinking Workplaces.